10 December 2016

REVIEW | My 4 Favourite Ways To Use Egyptian Magic All Purpose Cream

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Cream

I'm on a skincare kick lately. I've discovered yet another great product, this time from the brand Egyptian Magic. I hadn't heard of this product until recently, but it turns out it's really popular.

This is called a cream, but it's really more of a balm or Vaseline texture. It feels emollient, wet and slightly sticky. It's comes in a solid form, but melts into an oil as you rub it into skin.

Egyptian Magic boasts being an all purpose cream that contains only 6 ingredients:

Olive Oil, Beeswax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly & Bee Propolis

Some uses they recommend are to use it as a face moisturizer, eye cream, makeup primer, highlighter, hand and body cream or hair mask. They also say it can remove makeup, hydrate chapped lips, be used as an aftershave, tame frizz and split ends, soften cuticles, cracked heels and elbows. That's a lot of uses! They also said you could use this cream on burns. I burned myself on a hot tray and I swear this soothed the burn a little.

Some of their recommended uses I tested and didn't like. I didn't find it soothed my chapped lips or remove my makeup. I wasn't about to use it as a face moisturizer during the day time because it would look too shiny for my liking. I did discover some uses that I love!

DIY Pimple Treatment


If you didn't know, honey has anti bacterial properties.  Combined with tea tree oil, you will have a nice, all natural anti-acne concoction. It will stay wet for a long time, sealing out any bacteria from your infected blemish.

I mix tea tree oil with a 3:1 ratio. Say you scoop out 1 tsp of the cream with a measuring spoon. I add enough drops of tea tree oil to fill 1/3 of the 1 tsp spoon. The trick with tea tree oil is to add enough to feel the slightest cooling sensation, but not too much that it burns. You can store it in a little sample container. Apply it with a Q-tip 1-3 times a day.

Egyptian Magic Cream Uses Pimple DIY Favourite ways to use

Lip Gloss/Glossy Eyes


Glossy lips and eyes are often created with petroleum based products. This cream is a nice natural alternative for you green beauty lovers. This cream acts very similar to mineral oil and petroleum. It stays wet for a long time. You really need the smallest amount, so it would be a nice alternative to Vaseline as a whole. This won't make a good lipstick topper though because it will remove the lipstick. It's best if you mix a lipstick and this together to make a sheer lipgloss.

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Cream
Egyptian Magic All Purpose Cream as lip gloss

Hydrating Mask


This has been my go to cream to use after a drying facial mask. I like to apply a generous amount and let it sit for 30 minutes and then wipe it off. It really does help to soften my dry skin.
2017 UPDATE. I'm starting to suspect this is too heavy for my face. There are some ingredients in here that can break out super acne prone folks like myself (olive oil, beesweax). I've still been using this cream, but not on my acne prone area like my cheeks and forehead.


Dewy Highlighting/Bronzing Balm


I FINALLY found an alternative to my DIY Strobe Cream tutorial! That DIY has always been a popular post/video of mine. This cream is the PERFECT alternative to the Vaseline needed to create that DIY.

You can mix any loose pigment, eyeshadow, bronzer or highlighter to create a highlighting balm or bronzer for your face and body. You can also skip adding makeup and use it on it's own for a healthy sheen. When summer comes around, i'm definitely gonna be putting it on my shoulders and chest.


Egyptian Magic is now available to Canadians. This 2 fl oz jar is $31 CND at http://egyptianmagic.ca/buy-now/

You can also find this in stores near you with their store locator.

*pr sample. My opinions are not forcefully altered to be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment