12 March 2017

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer Review | Best Undereye Concealer


I've been on a constant search for a nearly perfect undereye concealer and I have found it. I asked some fellow Canadian beauty bloggers what concealer they recommend that didn't need to be set with a powder and I was consistently recommended the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. I went ahead and bought it was so satisfied with it's delivery. This concealer is fragrance free, alcohol free, paraben free and cruelty free. It can be found at Sephora for $37 CAD and $30 US and of course the Nars website.

CLAIMS THAT WERE MET
  • Gives a natural looking coverage (very skin-like!)
  • Provides medium-to-full coverage (if you layer it)
  • Evens complexion so that skin appears fresh and natural with a radiant finish (A mild sheen)
  • It goes on smoothly, blends easily, and stays in place all day (yes, yes and yes)
  • Non-comodeogenic (I've had no acne flare ups)
  • Crease proof (I've had no creasing)

WEAR ON UNDEREYES


For those of you that can't test this product out, i'll try to explain the way it sits on my under-eye. It's not the fullest coverage concealer i've used, but it's the best looking. This concealer layers over milia amazingly. It seems to not sink into the spaces between my lil eye bumps but rather evenly coats them. Nothing looks worse on super fine milia than a drying concealer or a concealer that sinks between those bumps. This concealer has a super natural finish. It's not dewy or matte but has a slight skin-like sheen so it looks great on undereyes. That being said, it definitely dries in a way that micro lines are more apparent than if you wore no concealer- but that's me being really fussy. If you have an eye bag, you know that sheen makes it more apparent so you usually have to set it. I actually don't set this, because I don't have to. It's really not that intense of a sheen and it does become more matte in time. I've had no creasing at all. The wear time is great. I'm very happy with it as an under-eye concealer.

WEAR AS EYE PRIMER



This concealer will make an amazing eye primer as long as you set it. It's perfect in it's ability to even out eyelid discoloration.

WEAR ON FACE



I highlight with the shade vanilla because my foundation is usually too dark. I layer it on top of my foundation. It blends well and looks really good. I also find this concealer looks pretty damn good on dry patches and acne. I often need two coats to really cover a pimple. There is absolutely no photo editing on the above before and after picture. It really looks that good.

THE SHADE VANILLA

Vanilla is muted down in undertone. It's not too pink and not too yellow. I have pale olive skin (MAC NC15/20 or MUFE 117) and find Vanilla matches my skin well initially. Like most concealers, when the product is still wet on the skin, it will look lighter than it will when it dries. This concealer will oxidise a deeper and more pink colouur. It's so important to test your concealer in store on your neck and see how it will look in 10 minutes. Vanilla still works for me, but i'm going to choose their lightest shade next time.

Dried > Fresh swatch

L>R. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer dried, then freshly swatched. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer dried and then freshly swatched next to it.

FINAL THOUGHTS

So yes, I love this concealer. It has a super natural looking finish and sits well on skin. Out of all the concealers I tested during my Sephora visit, this one looked the best on my undereye so I was willing to spend more money. If you compare it's price per gram to other similar concealers sold in Sephora, it's one of the more expensive ones but I think it's worth it. Please though- don't buy the travel size as it's a huge rip off. I'm going to try to find a true drugstore dupe, but I think i'll be *pleasantly* surprised if I do.



Like my content? Please follow me on bloglovin' ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment