4 July 2017

St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse Review | Self Tanning Tips


I've really never cared about if I was tan or pale but sometimes you feel like not being pale for a little bit. I've always wanted to try a tanning mousse because I just can't get the tan I had as a kid, running around outside and swimming. I don't like the idea of skin damage anymore. St. Tropez is one of the most popular tanning companies out there. They're very effective and good at what they do.

Claims:
For an iconic, natural, and healthy-looking tan, this newly formulated, lightweight classic mousse tailors to your individual skin tone, for that longest-lasting tan in one application. It’s streak-free, easy to apply, quick-drying, non-sticky with no transfer, and ultra-hydrating. Plus, it has no self tan smell, yet features a new mood-boosting fragrance.

First Time Experience:
My first time using it, it went nearly smoothly. I had 3 hiccups. The first 'mistake I made' was I let water drip down my arm and hour after application. You literally cannot get wet for a few hours of your initial coating. I ended up walking about with a pale line on my arm for a week. The second mistake I made was not moisturizing my knees enough. If you don't, you will have much tanner knees (is that a word?). The third mistake is I didn't do a good job applying it to my feet. They my feet looked pale and my ankles darker.

Woops. This one's my fault.
Here's a guideline so you don't screw up when using it for the first time.

  • Exfoliate your whole body the day before.
  • Moistuire your extra dry areas before application. If you're applying to your face, exfoliate and moisturize VERY well.
  • Use a tanning mitt to apply an even coating. Nothing else will work. 
  • Apply everywhere your skin will be seen by others. Don't forget behind the ears!
  • Strive for about 1-2 even coatings per area. 2 pumps for your arm is good.
  • Don't get wet for at least 5 hours! No sweating. No washing dishes. Nothing.

Review Continued:
I really like it because it gives a natural looking tan that lasts at least a week. I had a friend that years ago, was always orange from her tanning products. This doesn't really do that. The first day I lean to a more natural orange. By day 3, it looks like a real tan. On to the things I don't like. You literally need to take a day off when using this. You can't go to an important event on the day you apply it because you'll smell strong and can't get wet. For a day, I smell strongly of a fragrance type smell I don't care for and wouldn't feel comfortable going out with. If it was vanilla, that's a different story. If it was scentless, even better! I'm also conscious of the fact that I glow. It looks nice but I don't like the idea of being covered in what's similar to makeup. After a shower, the smell and glow leaves, and I feel much better.

Applied to top arm.
Price and Availability:
You can find St Tropez everwhere. Shoppers, Sephora, Murale, Hudsons Bay, Beauty Bay etc. The applicator mitt costs $6.50 US or $9 CAD. The Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse costs $32 US or $42 CAD for the smaller size (4 fl oz). 

Buy or Pass?
I'm definitely happy with how my tan looks and how long it lasts! I recommend it. I would be very happy with it if it was scentless and 

*provided for consideration. 

Thanks for your support! Please check out my other accounts!

Bloglovin' | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment